Modern vent hood — a very useful, and often simply indispensable element in the kitchen. Why is the vent hood so noisy?
Often when we come to the store and choose a vent hood, it rustles much quieter than when you already have it installed at home. What is the problem? Everything is simple here: the background noise in the stores (especially in big stores) is loud enough, so it seems that the vent hood sounds quiet. It is muffled by background noise. Installing exactly the same vent hood at home, you will find that it works much louder. However, there are several working ways to reduce exhaust noise.
When we want to buy a vent hood, we often look at its design, losing technical specifications. Of course, appearance does matter but pay attention to power and noise. Often these parameters are interdependent.
That is why for a small kitchen is better to take the vent hood is not very high power, and as a result, not very noisy. It is clear that the vent hood should sound quieter, which allows people in the kitchen to communicate.
Also, pay attention to the design of the vent hood. Some modern models make it virtually silent, taking the engine out of the hull and placing it outdoors.
Also, the vent hood is very noisy in case of improper installation. Ideally, the installation should be handled by a specialist as there are some nuances. The design of the air vent is also important. The more bends, the louder the vent hood will work.
- If the vent hood is already purchased and according to the parameters it suits you, but the noise level is critically high, you can try to replace the air ducts with pipes with a larger diameter. This in itself will reduce the noise level.
- If the vent hood began to work radically louder during the operation, it is quite possible that we are talking about trivial breakdowns.
In addition, you can apply materials that would reduce duct vibration. It can be penofol, or materials from bitumen and rubber.
- If you clearly hear a hum, then check the fan. Its blades can contaminate and need cleaning.
- During operation, the bearing becomes loose. It can simply become loose in the process of work, dry with time. In any case, it needs either replacement or lubrication.
- Check the air ducts for clogging. Are there debris that can lead to increased noise levels?
The creators of kitchen vent hoods are working on the problem of reducing the noise of their models. New and expensive models are already more advanced and able to work with much less noise. If you decide to change the old vent hood to a new one, focused on high-quality models with low noise.